Compelled by pressing needs, enlightened by the Gospel, inspired by our living memory, with light on our shadow, and in collaboration with all our Lasallian Partners we will refound our circle of Brothers to help transform lives through quality education for all.
By daring greatly, a few next steps include:
- Expand the energy of the vocation summits beyond Brothers to reaching Lasallian vocations
- Join Brother Robert Schieler in considering a Think Tank of our district.
- Track down what Brother Robert recently mentioned to the Visitors in Rome about the French district. “There is a promising initiative of 600 Associates and Brothers coming together in an educational fraternity of communities to take responsibility for specific ministries.”
- Consider ways to describe men and women who live in Lasallian communities as members of our district.
- In time and according to Circular 461, develop criteria for non residential members of the Family and count them as members of the district.
- Recruit other quality men and women Lasallians to share in our residential communities.
- Let the resulting increase in membership, decrease in median age and diversity in sex and culture be reflected in all district meetings, councils, committees and chapters.
- Future participants in “Evangelization and Service with the Poor” weekends include representatives of the whole Lasallian Family of DENA.
- Provide the means for Lasallians to go over the borders.
- Daily thank De La Salle for the grace and passion to refound today, in some small way, what he found so long ago.
“The vision still has its time, it presses on to fulfillment and will not disappoint. If it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late.” Habakkuk 2: 2-3